Saturday, September 5, 2009

Not my children


My children. I have 3 of them. Ranging in age from 12 years to 5 years. Normally, they get along very well. Except for today. Today, my 5 year old has whined non-stop. My 10 year old has felt verbally attacked by the entire family (Emily, would you get a cup of sugar for me? WHY IS IT ALWAYS ME???) and my 12 year old has pushed everyone's buttons, for the fun of it.

About 5 minutes ago, all 3 of them were arguing at the same time- each on their own topic. I've never been so confused in all my life. Jackson's topic of dismay was different than his sister's. His sister's were each different from each other. It was as if they just had to all be heard- at the same time.

I am a mom. I can handle this. Early dinner, baths, and bed. I don't care if it's only 7:00. I don't care if you aren't tired. Bless them- it's hard being a sibling.

No comments: