Sunday, January 10, 2010

Trying hard and now doing

Does it not seem that trying hard is a relative oxymoron. As my buddy Yoda would say from Star Wars. Do or do not- there is no try. Perhaps what I meant in my last post is that being a good mom, wife, etc., are important goals for me. I evaluate how well I do on a daily basis.

I fall far from the mark on most days. Will not bore you with the details but let's just say my tongue moves faster than my brain. My children have heard un-motherly sounding tones come from my mouth and I have rolled my eyes at my husband once too many.

Lately, I've been thinking that the reason I get so frustrated is because there is a gap between 'what I feel should have been achieved' and 'what has been achieved'. The hard part is realizing that what I felt should have been achieved is in no way realistic or possible.

No comments: