Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Cabin in the Spring



Almost 18 years ago (or is it 17 this year?) Les and I committed to be husband and wife. Beaver Creek, Colorado May 15th 1992 (or 1993). We spent our honeymoon at the cabin in South Fork, Colorado. I remember specifically overpacking. It was a little ridiculous. In our new red Isuzu we started a journey.

I will have to honestly say that this past year has ranked right up there with being one of the more difficult years. Between unemployment, flooded kitchens, medical bills, surgery and a host of other little beauties that you'll just have to scroll backwards through the blog if you want to know.

We're leaving for the cabin tomorrow. Just Les and I (and the dog). I can't remember the last time it was just the two of us there. We've had kids, company, family or friends every other time we've been. It will be just the two of us- no TV, no internet, not distractions. Just us. Just us and the dog.

This time I will not overpack. One tiny suitcase for me, the dog's food and a backpack for Les. A couple of library books. My tennis shoes and a comfy sweater. That's all. Just me and my life partner reconnecting and remembering why we got married in the first place.

No comments: