Sunday, April 26, 2009

I have a gripe and a complaint

I have 5,000 different passwords, pin numbers, log-ins, and security codes that I have to remember. It takes me a good 10 minutes to sign in to any account I have. My pin number for my debit card? Well, once I forgot what it was and after the 10th attempt the bank locked my card. I'm guessing they figured someone was trying to break into it. So now I have a new pin number that I have no hope of remembering. Until I remember to actually go into the bank and change it to a number I'm capable of remembering I have to hit credit.

The log in and password for my insurance company- No clue. I have to get it changed every time I go on there.

Forget all the different websites that I have to enter my password and log in name- My brain capacity is about 4.

Logging on to my bank they ask me 4 different questions that change each time I log in to my account. It's actually a 5 step process and it's TIMED. Not only do I have to remember 5 different numbers or words on this website, I have to do it within 3 seconds. Very stressful!

Sadly, I've always had trouble remember number patterns. In High School I had to change my lock on my locker about 3 times a year. Couldn't remember it to save my life.

I guess the answer is to "write them down" or to use the "same one" over and over. The only reason I don't is because of security reasons. That's what THEY say right? For me, I guess it's more secure that I can't even remember- if I can't remember then surely a complete stranger will not be able to remember.

(Besides, even if I did write them down- I'd just lose the piece of paper I wrote it on).

No comments: