Friday, July 10, 2009

My Emily

Oh if there were a healing river... Stuck in a hard place of acceptance and advocate. As a mom how do you accept your child's condition but at the same time fight like a warrior for the right care and answers? There is never any rest. Only struggle. There are days when we can forget. Those rare days when normalcy is obtained. And then there are other days when her tremors are so bad she can't hold a pencil or a fork.

There is a verse- don't skip over these words, read each word-

Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.

I do not feel strong. I do not feel of good courage. I am full of fear. I will tell myself over and over that the Lord will not leave me nor forsake me nor Emily. I will tell myself that over and over.

God sees Emily. He knows her path. Her today path. Her tomorrow path.

No comments: