Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Weather

Lauren loves talking about the weather. She takes after her Grandma Sara when it comes to this. I think part of her fascination with weather is because she's a little paranoid about there being a tornado. A couple years ago she was at my dad's house in TN and there were a few bad tornadoes in the area. More than once they had to get in the bathroom because of sirens and threat of tornadoes.

What's exciting about homeschooling is that you can plan curriculum based on what your kids love. She's doing a unit on weather now and loves it. Perhaps I have a meteorologist on my hands? Her biggest fascination right now, besides tornadoes, is lightning. Did you know there were more than one type of lightning? Some lightning comes from the ground and goes up to the sky. Wow! It's beautiful!

Hoping to take a field trip to a weather station this year. Lots on my plate but my kids are so worth it.

The biggest news of the week is that we are waiting to put Jackson in Kindergarten altogether. He's just not ready for part-time Kindergarten. Another year will do him so much good. Can't wait to see how much he changes this year.

No comments: