Sunday, November 8, 2009

Health Care Bill

I heard it passed last night. The Democratic Senators and Obama gave a news conference. Put on your seat belts America. I hope that this bill does what they "advertise" it will do and not all the "fine print" items that are actually in the bill. Time will tell.

My favorite (sarcastic) line from Obama is, "Congratulations to the Senators who (made the decision, voted for the bill) despite the fear of not being reelected next term". Isn't voting how we as the American people tell those in government that we are or are not approving of their decisions in DC? If the Senators voted with the knowledge that their constituents were not going to be happy with them.... are they really doing their jobs?

Does God care what goes on in the USA? Does he care about NHC. I think not. I think that what he cares about has aways been the same. I think Christians see this as the eroding away of our democratic republic which could lead to an eroding away of our freedom to worship. Like the eroding away that December 25 is Christmas..... Not a hoiday. It's Christmas.

"If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you." (John 15:19)

No comments: