Sunday, February 1, 2009

I just made the best appetizers for the Superbowl!

It's Super Bowl Sunday. I have to think really hard to come up with the teams that are playing. I really could care less about the game this year but I am super excited to spend the afternoon with friends.

There are 4 families coming- 8 adults and 18 children... No, it isn't the Duggars! I'm making the "adult" appetizers. You know- the appetizers that are just too pretty and yummy to be wasted on little undeveloped taste buds. Besides, none of my children will eat mushrooms and very few children will eat olives. The Pepperidge Farm puff pastry sheets are so easy and so yummy to use. The little puff pastry cups are just the cutest and can be filled with just about anything. The seafood deli at our grocery store had crab jalappeno spread that I'm going to put in the little cups and bake for about 10 minutes. This dip is so good it will change your life. Or as we say in the South, "it will make you want to slap your momma!" Although I have never known anyone to actually slap their momma.... no matter how good the food tasted.

UPDATE:
I messed up the mushroom appetizers. Not something you can make in advance:( The seafood deli appetizers was the best. I highly recommend them!

No comments: