Saturday, October 3, 2009

There is a mouse in my house

There is a little creature in my house. I saw him out of the corner of my eye. It's that time of year when the critters start moving into warmer places so it is to be expected. I hate mice. I hate them as much as I hate snakes. A truly dreadful experience for me would include an enclosed space, a snake and a mouse.

Thankfully, the snake would eat the mouse and then I would only have a snake to worry about but before that could happen I would completely pass out. The mouse is somewhere in my living room. Probably under the couch. The brave woman that I am decided the best way to take care of this problem would be to call my dog into the living room. My dog who was sleeping in his bed in my room, slowly responded. In fact, not only was he sleeping but he was keeping the girls company because they are both sick. Both sick and both in my bed. Where I am sleeping tonight is still an unknown to me- definitely not in the living room. But that is yet another post.

The dog came into the living room and looked at me and said, "seriously?" Only with him safely by my side did I decide I could get up from the chair I was sitting. I went straight to the kitchen and cleaned it. Nothing like a mouse to motivate you to do the dishes. I swept the floor and vacuumed. I have no idea where the mouse went. There aren't many choices. I'm sure if I sat here long enough I'd see him again. Maybe he exited the house through an invisible door. Yes, that's it. He let himself out, tipping his hat and saying, "I'm so sorry to bother you madam. Please know that I will not return. In fact, I will let all my little mouse friends know that this is not a mouse friendly house and we will never bother you again". I'm pretty sure that's what happened. Right? Otherwise, I'm not sleeping very well. My dog is now sound asleep right next to me. I don't think he would even notice if a mouse ran past him.

I hate mice. Tomorrow I will go to the store and buy one of those mouse trap thingies and pay my daughter $20.00 to empty it.

No comments: