Thursday, December 17, 2009

If you are the perfect wife and mother stop reading this

Seriously, stop reading.

My new stove arrived today. It's beautiful. I said a loving goodbye to my old stove thinking of all the memories. Including the one where the mouse ran up it and out of the top- okay, not so lovely memory. Sadly and oddly I cleaned my old stove before they carted it away. I mean, scrubbed the thing. Like it would really make a difference to the people who are recycling it or whatever it is that they are going to do with it.

My new stove is perfect in every way. It even has a Sabbath setting. Since I am not Jewish or even a Messianic Jew I have absolutely no idea why that's needed. I can vaguely guess that you aren't supposed to work on the Sabbath including cooking but not sure how the setting on my stove helps with that. In any case, I'm impressed. If it would do the dishes too I would be in heaven.

I decided about 4:30 today that I should probably take a shower. Today was one of those days. I think I loaded the dishwasher and turned it on twice today. Once it wasn't even full. Not even close but I didn't want to wait for more dishes to get a full load because the dishes in the sink were from the night before. I also re-washed the same load of clothes twice today. I am bad for the environment and truly don't feel guilty about it one bit.

When I walked into my room today I could hardly believe my eyes. Somewhere in the midst of the day I threw a load of clothes on the bed with every intention of folding them and putting them away. They are still on the unmade bed. At the entrance to my room I have a big carton of Christmas decorations that never quite got put up and since it's the 17th I'm thinking I may not get to it. I'm not even sure how my room gets so messy. Perhaps a flash from my childhood? I don't know but I hate it and wish I could keep it clean. It ends up being the dumping ground for all things without a home.

I also realized that my "lounge" pants feel more comfortable than my jeans. Oops. Guess I better work on that before my "lounge" pants are the only pants that fit.

It's 7:30 and I'm planning on sending the kids to bed early tonight because I need a break. I big break. I'm ready for the Christmas break for the girls from school. A break from worrying about the school we are not quite getting to each day.

I am having one of those days where I wonder how do people do this right? I can't even seem to keep up with the dishes or the laundry and if you stood on a chair and looked at the top of my cabinets you would be flabbergasted.

No comments: