Sunday, December 27, 2009

My big blank wall



For years I've wondered what to do with this gigantic wall in my Family Room. I like how the front of the room looks but the far side from the kitchen and the "wall" leading upstairs is just hard to decorate. For lack of a better idea and/or inspiration I've just put up a quilt on the wall. Now the quilt is too far over because of where we put the TV Cabinet. I'm just out of ideas. Anyone have a suggestion?

I could move the TV cabinet over to the corner where the stairs are and switch the chair location. The only issue would be figuring out how to make the cable wire longer. That might balance out the room more since that window behind the cabinet is so high. Still wouldn't know what to do with the cord. If I did that I could add another chair next to the cabinet.

Note: I took this picture while my boys were playing Wii. They asked me what I was doing and I told them I wanted to remember this moment for the rest of my life. My son said, "you mean me beating dad at Wii?"

Edited: I am going to do that. Move the TV cabinet over by the stairs. Then I'll get that window back and I can put up a lovely mistreatment. I have this fantastic panel that I've been wanting to use. It would totally pull the front room and the family room together. Now to convince my husband to help me move it, move the treadmill downstairs from the loft and carry all the Christmas decorations back down to the basement.

No comments: