Thursday, April 29, 2010

In the end

In the end what will my kids remember about me?

I want them to remember I love them most of all.

I want them to remember that I wanted to spend time with them.

That messy rooms and dishes in the sink just meant I would rather do something with lasting memories.

But I also want them to remember that I made them clean it up and help with chores because everyone has a part.

I would hope they would see I chose to stay home with them because I couldn't stand to be away from them and that's why we haven't been to Disney or take European vacations.

In the end I hope they don't think about all the things we didn't purchase for them. I hope they felt comfortable enough to to talk to me about things. Understanding that I am not perfect and that I made mistakes and was a woman looking for answers on how to be a good mom, a good wife.

I hope they see Jesus in me and that I love my Saviour. When they hear old hymns I hope they remember me.

In the end I want there to be nothing left to say. We've said it all. Times up and no regrets.

No comments: