Thursday, February 5, 2009

A really stupid commercial on the radio....

It's official. I just heard the stupidest commercial on the radio while picking lunch up for the kids. It went something like this, "Don't make your sweetheart cook on Valentine's day, order a pizza". Helllllllllllooooooooooooooo! I appreciate the sentiment of not making your sweetheart cook on the day of love but, pizza? The commercial SHOULD have said, "Don't make your sweetheart cook, get a babysitter, order a pizza for the kids and TAKE HER OUT FOR THE NIGHT OF HER LIFE". I'm telling you marketing people this would get people (at least wives and moms) to order pizza from them for the REST OF THEIR LIVES. Do you understand what I'm saying? Mom's all over the city would show their loyalty for putting this thought in their man's head. "Order pizza" is NOT the thought we want our men to have on V-day.

Along this same line I read an article on MSN the women are taking on more of the workload in this down economic time. Again, HELLLLLLLoooooooooooooooooooo! Of course! What are the first things to go in a bad economy? The extras! Like, eating out, housecleaning services, dry cleaning, need I go on? I don't think I've ever said, "Let's go out to eat so that my honey doesn't have to cook". It's always, let's go out to eat so that I do not have to cook. Please do not get me wrong. Les cooks and cleans more than I think most men cook and clean.

My theory is that men buy extras for play. Women buy extras to decrease work load...I'm just saying down economy-more work.

No comments: