Friday, March 20, 2009

The 23rd of March

On the 23rd of March I will give up my ability to ever have another child. Dramatic? Absolutely. I do not believe in evolution. I believe God created humans with unique abilities in the likeness of Him. Part of that reflection of him is the desire to nurture and bring forth life. It's how I was created. I no longer will be able to do what I was created to do. Yes. Dramatic I know! Thankfully, I am more complex than a baby making machine. This is a new chapter in my life.

I will not miss the monthly visits from Aunt Polly nor the craziness that the monthly visits brought. I am a little nervous. Of course, I'm nervous I don't like pain and I definitely am not finished living. I'd be a fool not to be nervous. However, I have a good doctor. I have a great husband who is going to take care of me. It will be fine.

1 comment:

Busy Minnesota Mama said...

Hi Michelle, I had a hyst 4 years ago. We had already decided not to have more bio children. God was in the process of expanding our family through adoption. So, not having a uterus does not mean no more children, just no more Aunt Polly ;) Hey, I also want to say "You've been Surfed" Come on over to my blog to see what that means.